What's new at BigFoil
- Added DXF files of spline fit to the coordinate points.
- Fixed coordinate error in NACA 2R112 and reprocessed.
- Computed XFOIL data for each basic unflapped airfoil at ncrit=9 and Mach=0, 0.1, 0.25, 0.5.
The results are shown in the basic plots and data source comparison plots.
It is interesting to compare JavaFoil, XFOIL, CFD, and Wind Tunnel data. For this, airfoils such as NACA0012 and NACA23012 have large datasets.
- Basic data plots now show only the Re=6M data traces by default to reduce clutter. To view other cases, click on the trace in the legend.
- Added X,Y,Z CSV file to "DAT and DXF files" pages for each airfoil. This file format is useful for input to CAD systems.
- Added Cm vs Cl plots.
- Added NACA 63-series airfoils NACA63A011 thru NACA63A018.
- Added new airfoils from Peter Wick.
- Added Lednicer and VisualFoil format DAT files.
New airfoils and new data:
- Added "What's New" page.
- Added search feature.
- Added camber lines and max camber calculation.
- Improved thickness calculation.
- Added thickness profile to Shape page.
- Added "Lift Curve Slopes" to Basic Data for each airfoil.
- Improved and debugged the "Find airfoil data" feature.
- Improved plot legend for "Similarly shaped airfoils".
- Fixed bug where NACA-TR-824 Re=9M wind tunnel data was mislabeled.
- In Basic Data, included wind tunnel data for rough airfoils.
- Improved speed of "Compare airfoil shapes".
- Added airfoils from the TraCFoil database, courtesy of J-C. Etiemble.
- Added Riblett ultralight airfoils GA 30U-612, GA 30U-615, and GA 30U-618, courtesy of Rich Buxton.
- Added more thickness variations of all Riblett airfoils.
- Added six TsAGI airfoils, courtesy of Jeri.
- Added NACA NACA2R112 and NACA2R212 from NACA-TR-460.
- Added Don Ayers airfoils.
- Added Drela horizontal tail HTxx airfoils.
- Added Stephane Combet SC17 and SC17s airfoils.
- Corrected coordinates for Yost EH 3.0/12.
- Reprocessed data for NACA43012A.
- Added Eberhard Mauk airfoils.
- Added OpenFoam CFD validation case for NACA0012.